Piepacker en bref...
Piepacker is a cloud social gaming platform. We recreate the feeling of playing old school console and arcade games in your living room, but now online and with friends. Our platform adds a new social dynamic to the experience through video chat, snapchat’s style 3D filters and new game modes like battle royale.
At Piepacker, we challenge ourselves daily to build a beautiful, slick platform that is dead simple to use, deliver top notch gaming quality and all around a great social experience. From game-changing user interfaces to the latest in cloud gaming engineering, we use powerful new technologies coupled with world-class design to deliver evolved solutions.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, and other top tech companies. Piepacker is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms. As we scale, we are putting together a team of creative, strategic, and user-driven engineers that share in our belief that social gaming can be fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use.This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company in its growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We’re looking for a talented backend engineer who is highly technical and passionate about our mission.
What you will be doing:
- The role involves interfacing with engineering and product teams.
- You will develop algorithms, programs and features for the Piepacker platform's servers.
- You help deploy and operate the platform and also help in automating and streamlining the operations and processes.
- You will be required to build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations, and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our different environments.
What are looking for:
Requirements for the role include:
- 4-5 years, with strong Go (Golang or similar language)
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Github and Linux. Deep understanding of design patterns, software development methodologies and principles.
- You have experience developing protobuf and JSON-based api endpoints.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud computing.
- Strong understanding of networking (load balancer, ip table rules).
- Self-motivation: highly autonomous & working capabilities.
- Communication & Teamwork: excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity.
- Excited about gaming.
- Good spoken and written communication skills (English)
Experience that would be great for you to have (or you'd be excited about acquiring):
- Knowledge on React, Redux .
- Experience on Google's Firebase, particularly Firestore, NoSQL Google's GCP Suite.
- Excited about WebRTC.
- Excited in WebAssembly (WASM, emscripten).
- Experience in social platform development would be a real plus.
- Unlimited vacations (minimum 5 weeks)
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental help, sport, massage, etc.)
- Home office allowance
- Fully remote & Flexible working hours
- Equal pay policy
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks)
- Maternity/Paternity grant of $3k (out of Europe) or 2,5k euros (in Europe)
- Stock option plan
- Competitive health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company's policy.
- Extra benefits depending on the geographical location.
Salary according to experience.
Piepacker is an equal opportunity employer and we proudly value and promote diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, World of Warcraft faction or disability status.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Location : Full remote. The candidate must be in Europe for time zone reasons.
We are still very happy you applied and we do wish you good luck.Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you and chatting about games :) !
Please apply on this link: https://jobs.lever.co/piepacker/05ffb3fa-6b6e-4cb1-bbd3-6e3cb09d97f1
Logiciels / Outils